It’s an exciting time to work at Hive Streaming! We have grown significantly over the last few years and now rank among the top SaaS companies in the Nordics. In 2021, Microsoft selected Hive to become the recipient of its prestigious ISV of the Year award.
In these turbulent times, excellent employee video communication is crucial for enterprise companies to create engagement and alignment to survive and succeed. At Hive Streaming we are proud to offer an industry-leading solution to this demand. We help multiple Fortune 500 customers analyze, secure, and optimize their video experience on a daily basis.
Hive and Sustainable Growth
We have been a hypergrowth company for a long time, doubling our revenue yearly. For the next phase of our journey, we want to continue that growth by financing it ourselves. By the end of 2022, we will be able to drive additional growth without the need for external capital. This is an exciting thing!
We want to grow sustainably when it comes to revenue, when it comes to our people and our customers; they are what truly makes us succeed.
To help our customers to grow sustainably, we will help them by creating alignment and engagement of their employees. We will help them to reduce their carbon footprint through less travel and by increasing the lifespan of their existing infrastructure. All this is at the core of our product, the Hive Video Experience Platform.
Want to join our journey?
We are growing our Partner Ecosystem team and looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our Berlin office. You will be part of our hybrid workplace, which means you will be working partly remotely and at the office.
What is Hive Partner Ecosystem?
The Partner Ecosystem team is a part of Hive Streaming's Product Office and works from Hive’s office space (Urbanstraße 71) in Berlin, Germany. Hive’s work with partners is critical to our success - woven into everything we do. The Engineering team consists of one junior-level and two senior-level developers. In total with the two new team members, you will be five in total.
The team’s focus is on developing new products and features and supporting the needs of our Fortune 500 enterprise customers. The team does this by delivering software components that ease the integration of Hive Streaming technology into our video platform partners’ applications, and by developing new Hive Streaming applications based on partners’ published APIs/SDKs.
The Perks of Working at Hive
🏂🏼 Have it your way! At the office, at home or on the ski slope (did I go too far?) - your way is the best way but flexibility is everyone's way at Hive! We use Microsoft Teams to collaborate, we have digital kick-off and provide you opportunities to work either remotely or in a hybrid setting.
🧡 Without you = no Hive? We are a fast-paced, global (over 35 nationalities among our 100 co-workers around the globe) scale-up company that empowers every single coworker. Everyone is unique and important for our growth. You will play an important role in the company’s future success.
🧘🏽♀️ Flexibility (cannot say it enough)... we have flexible working hours to encourage work-life balance.
🌎 Contribution to innovation and a better world! Hive helps enterprises to communicate through video instead of flying people in from across the globe, which means Hive employees directly contribute to a greener world!
Working as a Software Engineer, you will...
- Design, develop and maintain core APIs and SDKs that interact with third-party components such as video players, provisioning services, and content management systems.
- Mainly use nodeJS and Typescript
- Work closely with customers and partners as an Integration and Tech Specialist, ensuring that Hive works correctly and according to specifications in their environment.
- Be responsible for making sure the team keeps a high quality of the process and way of working
- Also work with analyzing the data of our customer's live events, to ensure the quality of our products
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Finished Bachelor or Master of computer science/engineering or equivalent
- Great communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of HTTP-based video streaming protocols, video streaming players, and/or Scala would be a big plus
- Great problem-solving skills, team collaboration skills and eagerness to learn
You are also based in Berlin, Germany! 🌍